Anchorage ranks 5th in a recent study of the potential for home price appreciation by the chief economist of Moody's Economy, as reported in this week's issue of US News and World report, The Top 10 Housing Markets for the Next 10 Years" - http://snipurl.com/kdcib.
"House prices should grow at the rate of household income," says Mark Zandi of Moody's.
1. Bremerton-Silverdale, Wash.: 5.22 percent
2. Glens Falls, N.Y: 4.71 percent
3. Fort Collins-Loveland, Colo.: 4.06 percent
4. Corvallis, Ore.: 3.95 percent
5. Anchorage, Alaska: 3.8 percent
6. Duluth, Minn.: 3.74 percent
7. Sandusky, Ohio: 3.66 percent
8. Santa Fe, N.M: 3.57 percent
9. Pittsfield, Mass.: 3.51 percent
10. Decatur, Ill.: 3.44 percent
For full property searches, virtual tours and many other Anchorage real estate resources, visit RealS8.com.